National Association of Barbers
It is an uncertain time in the world and we understand the impact this is having on our communities, especially on the barber industry. Your health, safety, and peace of mind has always been and always will be our top priority. During this troubling time, our main focus is supporting our barber community.
In response to this crisis, National Association of Barbers has launched the National Out of Work Barbers COVID-19 Relief Fund. During the months of April and May, National Association of Barbers will collect donations to this fund, to distribute to barbers in need.
This effort is supported by generous donations from the public, and will benefit any barbers who opt in to receive funds. The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has resulted in many barber shops and independent barbers having to close their doors and stop working unexpectedly. The staff of National Association of Barbers understands the hardship this is creating for the barber community, and so created this Relief Fund to give back.
SchickHydro has also committed to matching all donations, up to $50,000 in an effort to support out of work barbers.
Any barbers working prior to the start of COVID-19 who are now unable to work, are eligible to apply for relief.
Simply submit your information and your barbershop name. It is not required to be a member of the National Association of Barbers.
The relief fund will be accepting donations through mid-May. Funds will be distributed evenly to all barbers who apply.
Barbers will receive their checks up to three weeks after the close of the fund.
National Association of Barbers is owned by The Doyle Group, an affinity partner of Arthur J. Gallagher. Checks will come from Arthur J. Gallagher.
If your submission goes through correctly, you will be redirected to this page.
You may receive an error if you enter more than once.
Please see below for more resources on coronavirus (COVID-19) to help barber professionals stay on top of the global pandemic, support for barbershops large, small and independent, and continuous updates on relief, industry support, business and government/sources of loan support.
And most importantly, stay safe and follow the direction of your local government and officials. We will get through this.
An updated map of reported cases, links to White House releases, how to protect yourself and what to do if you think you are sick, information for health care professionals, latest news and more. Learn more at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
To help support the industry during this critical time, the PBA is offering a complimentary Preferred Membership* (A $50 value) for licensed professionals and non-licensed salon employees. With a Preferred Membership you'll gain access to our insurance marketplace, receive the latest industry news and updates and so much more.
Join here: https://probeauty.wufoo.com/forms/were-in-this-together/
*Membership must be activated by April 15, 2020.
The PBA is also lobbying for a FICA tax credit in the economic stimulus package. Learn more here.
Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses to keep workforces going strong, help with your rent costs, connect with more customers and cover operational costs.
Learn more at facebook.com/business/boost/grants
Laid off? Shop closure?
You may qualify for unemployment benefits, see your options here: https://www.usa.gov/unemployment
SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance will coordinate with the state’s or territory’s governor to submit the request for Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance. Learn more at SBA.gov/disaster
Below are a few ways we are adapting to better help serve you during this time:
- We’ve recently added an option to obtain telehealth coverage in our new Insurance Marketplace, allowing you to consult with a physician 24/7/365 via telephone, video, or mobile app — with only a $10 copay. Members also have access to short-term health insurance plans to cover unexpected illnesses/injuries & preferred rates on dental and vision plans.
- To access member benefits, simply login to your Member Account and select the Insurance Plus Insurance Marketplace icon.
- We post free content weekly to support your long-term success in this industry. Consider checking out some of our free eBooks here.
- Our agents will be available, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM EST and Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM EST to answer any questions you may have about your coverage or membership benefits. You can reach us at 866.858.5935
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to the COVID-19 outbreak please call us to see what additional assistance we may be able to provide in regards to your insurance cost.
Please take care during this unprecedented time, and do not hesitate to reach out to us, should you have any questions about your professional and general liability coverage.